Join Us (& Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan, Jeff Goldblum) at the 10th Annual TCM Film Festival!
The Turner Classic Film Festival is what we call “our favorite time of the year.” It’s got a flavor more special than any other film festival: every movie is a winner. This year, I’m proud to announce I’ll be back at the festival as a special guest and I hope you’ll join me! I’m introducing a nitrate print of the Cary Grant-Shirley Temple-Myrna Loy comedy The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947) on opening night.
My film follows the opening night film When Harry Met Sally(1989) which is celebrating its 30th Anniversary! Meg Ryan, Billy Crystal
- Do the Right Thing (1989) will be commemorating its 30th Anniversary as well with a discussion that includes Joie Lee, who is in the film and is the sister of Spike Lee.
- Escape from New York (1981) with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter discussing the film beforehand.
- Out of Africa (1985) with a pre-film discussion with the daughters of the film’s late director Sydney Pollack.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) with a discussion with the film’s sound editor and visual effects artist.
- Steel Magnolias (1989) in its 30th Anniversary retrospective
with thewriter of the hit play Robert Harling.
- Working Girl (1988) with a discussion with that film’s casting director.
Other special guests include Jeff Goldblum, Lily Tomlin, Rita Wilson, Alex Trebek, Angie Dickinson, Lauren Shuler Donner [who produced Mr. Mom (1983), Ladyhawke (1984), St. Elmo’s Fire (1985) and Pretty in Pink (1986)] and SO MANY MORE! And, what’s cool is that often times they watch the film with you, attend the parties and mingle, and tend to be approachable. Why? Because they love classic film as well. The festival attendees are warm and it’s basically like a club. This is my fifth year (5 timers club! Is there a jacket??) and I hope you can join me (I’m giving out Rubik’s Cubes, find me while they last!!). If not, plan on attending next year. It’s a group you want to be part of. It’s an event you’ll never forget. Get your tickets on the TCM Film Festival site: http://filmfestival.tcm.com/attend/ )